Tuesday 11 September 2012

And so it commences!

I am now officially one week into my preparations for the 2041 Antarctic Youth Ambassador Project. A lot of questions have been thrown at me about the Expedition, arent you scared you will die? How will you handle the cold? What about the Polar Bears(!)  What exactly is The Antarctic Youth Ambassador Programme? Wait, won't you be too old to go in 2041?

To answer a few of these, On 28 February 2013, I will be joining up with the 2041 crew in Ushuaia, Argentina for the start of the International Antarctic Expedition 2013 (IAE 2013). With their carefully selected team, I will explore the Antarctic Peninsula with their on-board experts and will gain firsthand knowledge of the continent’s fragile ecosystem, experience its unique wildlife and observe the magnificent landscape of Antarctica, all while learning about climate change and what we can do to protect the last great wilderness on Earth.

http://2041.com/about-2041/ This is the link to who 2041 are.

In the year 2041 the Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty could potentially be modified or amended. 2041's aim is to work towards the continuing protection of the Antarctic Treaty so that the last great wilderness on earth is never exploited.

I am so proud and excited about the prospect of having the incredible honour to visit Antarctica and to meet the team of incredible people who I am sure will be life long friends working towards a common goal.

In the meantime, I'm launching into my Project Proposal and mentally preparing for a brilliant 18 months ahead....

No comments:

Post a Comment